Monday 8 February 2010

Gallery Days!...

I thought now I have my website that I'd use this blog more for more personal things that might be interesting and as I spent my sunday checking out some of the larger galleries in Antwerp on Sunday I thought I'd blog it up...

First of we went to M HKA which is the museum of modern art in the city, the building itself is rad and stands out blatantly compared to the other buildings in that district of the city...

You'll have to forgive the poor photos but I'm in desperate need of a new camera with a decent sneaky museum setting!... Anyway, these works had been rescued from a flood in storage, it was interesting to see the massively varied pieces from different exhibitions together!...


The toilets had a nice touch...


Although typically the artists toilet didn't have a sink!...Dirty bastards!...

The best part of the gallery (for me anyway) was this Keith Haring piece in the cafe, done in 1987 when he had a show here shortly before his death...If you've seen the KH film then you will have seen this piece in it, and it still looks as fresh as the day he did it!...

Next we headed over to the museum of fine arts where they have some amazing pieces dating from as early as 1300(maybe earlier, I didn't stop and check every one!...)

I love the religious shiiiiiit!...

There was some pretty morbid pieces which I was obviously drawn to straight away...

This piece looks like it could have been done in the last 10 years but it's over 500 years old...


The next few were in the modern art floor of the fine art museum and this piece was my favourite, again sorry for the shite photos!...


Cool to see where they restore works!...


To finish off heres some good shit from the street!...

No comments: